Energy-Procurement recognise that for multi-site businesses, managing their own energy portfolios can be costly, inefficient and a serious drain on business resources.
We specialise in managing such portfolios, which enables us to enable efficiency from day one which we provide to many multi-site businesses who have some of the most complex energy accounts at no extra costs giving you a bottom line saving in resource straight away.
Our customers not only want us to manage their meters but also to buy their energy at the right time to minimise cost, consolidate their suppliers and handle all paperwork relating to energy to alleviate their admin time.
Issues faced in managing multiple supply sites
There are common issues effecting multi-site businesses and the contracts they have:
• Each supply contract will have a different length of time to run
• There will usually be multiple supplier contracts within the organisation
• Understanding of supplier terms and conditions, not one is the same
• Managing usage, billing and metering queries is difficult and time consuming
• Validation of manual supplier invoices is often cumbersome and may not highlight supplier errors.
• Through our experience inputting and cleansing site data into our systems, we line up all non-half-hourly (NHH) and half-hourly (HH) electricity contracts and gas supply contracts so that they have one common contract end date. This makes them easier to manage and avoids end-dates being missed – which can be very costly.
• Through tendering with the suppliers, we set contracts up with one preferred supplier. This not only makes them easier to handle for you, but also gives better leverage in reducing your energy costs.
• We ensure that the appointed suppliers register and invoice supplies in Group Consolidated Accounts.
• We organise contracts for any new supplies to be added to the Group contract, lining up the contract end date.
• We manage contract transition processes, ensuring termination notification for each supply is served within the supplier’s specific notice period.
• Contract Confirmations are conducted to ensure that supplies have migrated to the new Group supply contract.
• First Bill Checks are carried to ensure that each individual supply is invoiced using the agreed contractual rates.
• Resolution of all queries and supplier issues are managed through a dedicated Account Manager with one point of contact.
• We make arrangements with appointed suppliers for invoices to be sent to specific business subsidiaries and divisions.
• We also help with new supply connections, changes of tenancy and site disposals.
• An additional Bill Validation service is available to clients to ensure billing errors – which commonly occur – are identified and resolved.
The Energy-Procurement team has extensive experience in dealing with multi-site complex portfolios. From the initial supplier analysis, to researching the energy contracts available, to resolving supply, metering and billing queries; we manage the process as smoothly and efficiently as possible with our focus totally on our client’s interests.
If you are a multi-site business and would like further information on how Energy-Procurement can help manage your energy portfolio, please contact a member of the team on 0845 3373838 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be more than happy to discuss your requirements for the future.